Energy entered my body yesterday from an unknown source that can only be chalked up to "nesting".
I have had no energy to sew in a few weeks or even do much at all during nap time but...nap.
However, yesterday, before naps, I finished sewing a bib while the kids played for a few minutes. (I had previously precut my fabric and pinned it...it just needed to be sewn.)
During naps, I appliqued a onesie for a friend who was having her baby at that very moment...so maybe I was actually nesting for her baby at that hour...I've been known to do that too.
I also proceeded to do two loads of laundry and get them folded.
Then, I still had energy left over to cook a complete meal. I usually only have energy to cook dinner which comes after a nice nap.
Maybe that energy came from taking Benadryl the night before at a reasonable time and going to bed at a reasonable time.
My bladder and BH contractions still woke me up but I felt rested yesterday morning.
Today, I still had some of that energy which is surprising considering I was awakened by Miss A twice and my full bladder about every 1 1/2-2 hours (which is the norm for me right now).
I HAD to get my kids out of the house today. They had stayed inside all day yesterday and even though, it was raining, we were getting out of the house.
1st stop was the post office to mail out the onesie above. It's a size 0-3 month Gerber onesie and those things are tiny so I had to get it out before my friend's baby got any bigger than a newborn.
2nd stop was Border's to see if there were any kids books left and there were...but mostly all the good stuff was gone and everything was just "picked over". So, we left there with nothing.
3rd stop was the Library. We made it in time for the music time for ages 2 and up. We met some new friends and both kids had a blast dancing, singing, clapping, and shaking the shakers and bells.
Post music time, FJ and I looked for books to check out while Miss A played a game on the computer. That's the #1 thing she asks to do when she's at the library.
FJ impressed me with his determination to pull almost every board book off the book shelf and then actually take a moment to look at the book and then take it over to the table and sit in a chair and look at it. Who knew?
Miss A brought over several books to check out too (she quickly bored with the computer...who knew that too?). We weeded through her choices as I am not up to carrying 30+ books home from the library or keep up with that amount at home.
We ended up choosing 7.
When we got home, we had lunch, read books and FJ napped. I dozed off and on for about an hour while I could hear Miss A playing quietly outside my room.
After that, I got up and returned some phone calls and put away laundry. I even unloaded the dishwasher.
As for how I am feeling-yesterday after my appointment, I had lots more pressure. But today, I have had just a little and just a few BH contractions. I feel pretty good actually...as long as I don't sit too long. That's when my upper left side of my back decides to ache. What's up with that anyway? If I could use logic on my back pain, I would explain that it would make more sense for it to hurt when I am standing or bending...not when I sit or even lay down.
So, that's my nesting story...
Oh and I realized I really have no clue what gender this baby is....I find myself sometimes thinking it is a girl because Miss A refers to the baby as "her" and "she" so much but really I just don't know!

No comments:
Post a Comment