Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Reston Zoo

Last week was just beautiful so I tried to get outside in the mornings as much as possible with my two children.
So, on Wednesday, we hit up the zoo.
It was one we had never been to.
To us, it was new!

Okay, enough of the very bad impersonation of Dr. Seuss...
Just the 3 1/2 of us went and we enjoyed it. The only caveat I will give is this...to really see the true zoo animals, you need to ride the wagon ride...and if you decide to do that...don't go on a day when there are field trips there...because you will have to prepared to wait.


Starting off, we fed some farm animals...do you think my children have had their fill of feeding farm animals yet?

The reptile room-

Checking out the tortoises-
And kangaroos-

Being sheepish?

Waiting for the wagon ride and having a snack-

Going to feed more animals to pass the time before the wagon ride-

 Seeing some alligators-

 The pied piper with his geese-
Photo op-
The Bobcat tractor is of course something to check out too-

My kids getting a better look at that egret or crane-
Another photo op-
Finally on the wagon ride...Miss A decided to stabilize herself in the wagon and put her hand on the lady's leg next to her so I snapped this shot of her hand...but I didn't realize the cool shot I was getting of Miss A's eyes-

The animals that approached the wagon...Miss A didn't want any part of petting them but FJ was fearless-





The zoo was fun but honestly, I think we had an equally fun time at the Animal Park. I don't feel the need to return to this zoo any time soon but hope to get a chance to take our kids to the National Zoo very soon.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Agreed! I went there once with three kids and the wait for the hayride was insane! And I too am so anxious to get to the national zoo - we have lived here 5 years now and have never been!

Ps lobe the new blog header pic. Your family is so cute!