Monday, June 13, 2011

Leesburg Animal Park

We visited an animal park last Friday with some friends in our moms group and in our neighborhood. Priscilla, a mom in our moms group, set this playdate up for our moms and their kids.
E and I took Miss A and FJ to this same park for Pumpkinville when FJ was about 3 weeks old. That was the last time we were there! Now, FJ is about the same age as Miss A when we took her.

When we went for Pumpkinville, we enjoyed seeing the animals but there were also lots of pumpkin related activities. The nice thing about going Friday was that we could soley focus on the animals and there are PLENTY to look at and feed.

At first FJ was scared of the animals and wanted to be held but then he gained some courage and eventually fed them!!

As you can see here, he wants me to hold him...and you can see Miss A and her friends, I and K in the background-

 Laurie and her daughter, K, and Miss A and I-
 FJ getting braver...

 This animal is called a Nilgai...
 FJ feeding him/her!

 This thing has a long tongue like a giraffe's-
 Playing in the sand pit-
 Mr. I rode a pony....so....
 Miss A did too!


 In the contact area, Miss A quickly became scared some of the animals in here...one in particular was an animal she called a "scary guy"...it was some kind of cow looking animal...not the one pictured here-

 My view of FJ wanting to be held in the contact area...
 Miss A, I, and E running off together holding hands to get on the wagon ride-
 Me and my 2 1/2 on the wagon ride-
 FJ feeding some geese and fish-
 FJ also got really brave and wanted to jump in the moon bounce! He hasn't even jumped in the small one at church yet.

 Miss A got brave and climbed up the jungle gym and then would get stuck at the top and need me to get her down...FJ also wanted to try and climb it...
This was a very fun day and my kids had a blast! I think I could spend an entire month visiting all the farms and parks in our area and maybe I would hit up each one. It is incredible how many farms and parks there are around here. If you haven't checked out any of them and you live in the area, you definitely have to check out these places.

No comments: