Father's Day was splendid around here.
I tried to let my husband sleep in but Miss A woke him up and brought him down stairs.
For E, I whipped up some scrambled eggs, some blueberry muffins (thank you very much, Betty Crocker), and some coffee. He enjoyed his breakfast and then commenced with opening his presents. Thanks to Martha Stewart and some other google searching, I found some great Dad's day clipart to use on E's presents-
I, along with a little bit of the kids' help, made this at a craft playdate set up by one of our moms in our moms group (Genny) last week. Genny is very creative and talented!
I then went and bought a frame at Target and framed it. The largest foot is the tracing of E's flip flop and then the medium sized foot is Miss A's footprint and then FJ's is the smallest footprint.
E waiting on breakfast-
After gifts, we got ready for church. After church, we headed to Clyde's and met up with E's dad.
Miss A enjoyed relaxing in her seat-
FJ enjoyed cheesin-
He also enjoyed his Mac and Cheese with gusto-
Afterwards, we headed out to the parking lot and A and FJ wanted to check out Grandpapa's motorcycle-
Then we came home and (tried) to take some photos-
I recently had red highlights put in my hair so if it looks a little pink...it's just the red next to the blond-
I am wearing a necklace that says "Baby" with an arrow pointing down. My mom wore this necklace when she was pregnant with me. My dad gave it to her. It's very special to me and I enjoy wearing it during my pregnancies.
Then after naps, the kids played in the pool or just threw rocks on the ground-
I will repeat what I wrote in my husband's father's day card-
Life with him is fantastic because he understands me.
He knows how to talk to me.
He knows how to love me.
He just gets me.
He has a servant's heart for me and his children.
I am in love with this man and thankful for him...so thankful for him!
Happy Papa's Day, E!

No comments:
Post a Comment