Monday, June 27, 2011

Conversations with Miss A

Here are a few conversations I've had with Miss A over the past couple of weeks:

Conversation #1:
I had just given Miss A a granola bar and made a quick pit stop in the bathroom.
After coming out of the bathroom, I see Miss A picking her nose at the table and this is the conversation:
Me: Why are you picking your nose? You have a snack right there.
A: I put a chocolate chip in my nose and it hurts.
Me: (Trying not to panic.) Why did you do that?
A: I thought it was gonna be fun but it's not.

(The chocolate chip was later blown out of the nose into a tissue and was sufficiently melted. I seemed to forget that a chocolate chip would melt and was having visions of running to the ER.)

Conversation #2:
While riding in the car today, listening to the Kids station on Sirius radio- 
Miss A: What's this song called? 
Me: Yellow Submarine 
 A:Who's singing?
Me: The Beatles 
A:Oh, what are they singing about? 
Me: A yellow submarine 
A: Oh...why not a blue one? 
Me: Hmm...good question...

Conversation #3-
We were in the kitchen and my back was to Miss A while I was putting some dishes away-
Miss A: I love you...
Me: Aww...I love you too baby girl!
A:I was talking to my string cheese.
(I turn around and see her staring longingly at aforementioned string cheese.)

Conversation #4-
E had taken A to the bathroom somewhere else in the mall and as she is returning to the VANS store where I am with FJ, she says this running in (in front of a few other customers and workers)-
A: Mommy! I tee-teed and so did Daddy!! He tee-teed standing up!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Those are too cute!!!