Two weekends ago, we drove up to NJ to "help" with cleaning out E's grandmother's house. I use the term "help" loosely as I was not much help with the cleaning part and mostly just watched the kiddos and kept them out of rooms and from going upstairs or tumbling downstairs.
We were given many nice treasures that belonged E's grandmother who now lives in an assisted living home and E's grandfather who passed away when E was in college.
I have been taking pictures of some of the things we have already used or have placed around our home. They give us good memories when look at them and it's a joy to use some of these items as I picture E's grandmother using these things with her own children and even grandchildren.
These are some pics of only a few of the items we received-
I got this very pretty yellow Pyrex bowl and if you remember my former blog post about Pyrex, you know my major like of colorful Pyrex dishes. It has already been used to hold popcorn!
I got this fabulous colander...I needed another one!
We got this ice cream scoop that has very fond memories attached to it-
This cute little piggy that E's grandfather made-
Another wooden piece that E's grandfather made...a nice little doggy has made its way onto our shelves-
This very cool Argoflex camera that belonged to E's grandfather-
The camera is sitting next to several books that we received a few years ago from E's grandmom that had belonged to E's grandfather-
We have several more treasures around our house that we received including a sewing basket with lots of sewing items (thread, needles, etc). We were so thankful for these little things and they will be appreciated and used for years to come in our home.

No comments:
Post a Comment