Wednesday, May 04, 2011
1....2....3....
Yes, we are having another....
and we are due September 30th (my mom's birthday)!
The photo of our baby above is from week 12 and I am now almost 19 weeks. Our next ultrasound is on May 17th. It's the big one where they check out all the anatomy but...we will not be finding out the gender this time!
We've definitely always wanted 3 children but we were planning to start trying around April at the earliest but probably more like June or July to try to achieve a Spring birth. But God had different plans! :-) So just a few days before Miss A's birthday party, on a cold January night, we saw two pink lines and knew that we would be expecting much sooner than we had thought!
The first trimester was rough...it nearly did me in. I had all day nausea from 5 1/2 weeks till 11 weeks. I never got sick to my stomach but that would have actually been a relief as the only time I felt okay was when I was asleep or when I was eating. But as soon as I woke up, the hunger and nausea would hit simultaneously. If I didn't eat right away, the nausea would hit even worse. I was exhausted every morning and looked forward to nap time with great enthusiasm.
I had such horrible skin break outs...again. I had them horribly with Miss A's pregnancy and a little less bad with FJ's pregnancy. But this was as bad as Miss A's pregnancy or worse. One morning I just cried in the shower from a mix of the crazy hormones and just how ugly I felt. The breakouts finally eased up about 2 weeks ago and I am so thankful!
I also had insomnia which I had never experienced before. I couldn't fall asleep till about 1 in the morning and then I would crash at nap time. My heart pounding returned with this pregnancy too but this time I knew not to go and have all of those heart tests run again.
Now, I just have cramping off and on and the exhaustion has let up a little. The heartburn is back and Tums Smoothies are always on my nightstand. I think I may have felt the first movements of this little one last night too. It felt like a couple of bubbles popping and it was really low so I know it was in the region of where the baby is.
Miss A is so sweet with my belly. She kisses my belly and pats it and after I told her that the baby can hear her voice, she has begun talking to it. She says "I love your baby, Mama." And I tell her, "It's your baby too. You will be such a good big sister and such a great helper." Being that she is so interested, we are going to take her to the ultrasound so she can see the baby moving.
As for FJ-he likes to push my belly button and say "bebe". :-)
If you would like to join us in prayer, we are praying specifically that this baby will stay in till at least 37 weeks this time, for a healthy baby, that I will have a smooth, easy labor and delivery and that I won't have any baby blues this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
very cute way to out the pregnancy friend! Love it and congrats! ( i really think you just like being pregnant when I'm pregnant!)
Post a Comment