So, on the day before Easter, our children came downstairs to see what we had put in their baskets. (Yes, they know that everything in there is from us...I even sewed some things in there!) It was so much better doing it on a Saturday because we were able to take our time and make a yummy big breakfast too. This may be an Easter tradition for our family!
Miss A beating the eggs for our breakfast-
Pancakes and eggs-
Enjoying our pre-Easter breakfast-
Here's a close up of what I made them for their baskets. I sewed them beanbags! I just eyeballed the size and doubled up the fabric to make them strong and just sewed up the ends.
Two books we read to our children during the Lenten season were:
The Easter Story by Patricia A. Pingry-this one I enjoy better than the other book because it is more informational and doesn't talk about eggs, bunnies, etc.What is Easter? by Michelle Medlock Adams-this one uses rhyme to get its point across...sometimes using words I probably wouldn't choose to use such as tree instead of cross. But it is still a sweet story and talks about the commercial things of Easter first and then discusses the true meaning.

No comments:
Post a Comment