Yesterday morning, Miss A was excited to see Santa. She told me what she was going to tell him she wanted for Christmas ("A bicycle...a grocery cart and a grocery store"). She was shooting for the moon! But when we got to the mall, she stopped abruptly by the elevator and said she didn't want to see Santa. I encouraged her to get closer to say hi to him. She then wanted me to hold her. So this is the scene as I am walking up to Santa:
I am holding FJ on one hip and Miss A is sliding down my other hip while her legs are wrapped around my left leg. It was quite the scene. (There was no one else in line as we arrived at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning.)When Santa asked for a hug, she gave him one but she didn't want to sit on his lap. FJ cried when Santa first held him so we had to try it a second time and then as you can see below...you do what you gotta do if you want your children to take a pic with Santa but you don't want them in tears...so I sat next to Santa and I look like I'm 12 and a button had popped off my shirt and I didn't even know it but you do what you gotta do...
A small note: we don't actually push Santa around here as we don't want that to be the focus so other than this photo op and the few Santa books we have in our house that Miss A likes to read, that's the only focus on the man in the red suit. As far as Miss A knows-her presents come from Mommy and Daddy.

1 comment:
So did you tell Santa what you wanted for Christmas, too? Haha!
Post a Comment