Friday, December 03, 2010

Illness, Take 6

FJ got a break this week, other than the token runny nose, and now I've been the one who has been sick. The D that he had hung around for almost 2 weeks and caused thrush again!
Anyway, I haven't been technically sick since 2006 so this week me hard. It started Monday night with extreme nausea that lasted through the night and into Tuesday. I called our friend, Maryann, and she came over to take care of the kids so I could nap.  E had to leave that morning for Phoenix so he couldn't stay home. Perfect timing, right?
So, I took a 2 hour nap and woke up feeling less nauseated but still weak and just not well. That night my mom in law came over and helped with dinner, baths and bed time.

Wednesday, I felt better so we ventured out to CBS that morning but that afternoon I felt a little uneasy but nothing I couldn't shake. My friend, Carrie, invited us over for dinner so we took her up on the offer and had dinner together. I was so grateful for the company and not having to cook.

Yesterday morning, we had a playdate and then that afternoon we ran an errand. But while we were out my stomach started hurting again. It kept hurting through dinner and then the stomach bug hit again. That's all I am going to say but I was up during the night and this morning it's still bugging me.

My husband comes home today and I couldn't be more happy. Although, he's had his own health issues while he's been there. He had to go to Urgent Care yesterday to have them look at his ear as he was having some congestion and ear pain. I'm praying that he has no problems with his ears on his two flights home.

As you can imagine, it's extremely hard taking care of two little children when the mama has the stomach bug. It's even harder when your choices are very limited on who you can call during the day to come over to help. I have plenty of wonderful friends but I can't call them to come over as I wouldn't want their little ones to get sick. I truly feel for those who are chronically ill or who have husbands who are overseas.

No comments: