I have finally uploaded my pics from Shreveport to Picasa. I have attached a slide show of pics from our trip. Sorry for some of the typos in the slide show and for some missing captions...Picasa wasn't working well when I was making the slide show.
For a brief recap-
Our flight to Dallas from Dulles was packed and it was a long flight but A did great because we were blessed to sit next to a woman who was only a few years older than me who happen to also have a child of her own (not with her). She happily took A from me to hold her when I put the stroller away and held A a couple of times throughout the flight. The woman was actually pregnant too and due with her 2nd in mid-October! She was good entertainment for A and we talked the entire time. She was truly an answer to prayers!
In the airport in Dallas was a challenge because I had to get food for us while A did NOT want to stay in the stroller. Once we got food, it consisted of me trying to eat and feed A while she ran around the seats near our gate.
The plane to Dallas was blessedly empty...only about 20 people or less were on the plane so she had plenty of room to roam.
While we were in Shreveport, we were able to see almost all of my family while we were there. Audrey also got to try many "culinary delights" while she was there..."culinary delights" is a nice way of saying "food that she doesn't normally get to eat when we are in VA". She got to try Sonic tater tots and their grilled cheese sandwich. She tried a push-up/push-pop for the first time and got a chance to eat at some of my favorite restaurants while were there.
She slept well at night while we were there and Aunt Arien was amazingly able to get Audrey to sleep one night when my best friend, Ashley, and I went out to a movie. Arien's trick was to wear Audrey out by letting her and cousin Nate and their dog, Macy run around inside and outside. It worked! She gave Audrey milk and put her down easily to sleep. Arien is the first person to get Audrey to sleep besides Evan and me...truly a miracle! She rocks!
For the flights home: the flight from Shreveport to Dallas was actually cancelled. But luckily we got on the next one out and it was packed! We sat next to a grandmother who noticed how tight the plane was and how tight we were going to be next to her. :-( Thankfully the flight was only over half an hour and A didn't melt down too badly. We mostly put stickers on the window.
In Dallas, we got some food and I let her walk around as much as I could. She wanted to walk on her own though so that meant if I redirected her, she sometimes chose to sit down in the middle of the airport to show her defiance. AAAhhh!
The flight from Dallas to Dulles was full but thankfully there was one empty seat between us and the guy on our row. He seemed to be oblivious to A's whines because of his nice earphone in his ears. For the first 20 minutes of the flight, A whined and got upset and I tried everything...finally letting her pull things out of our backpack while she sat on the floor of the plane. I quickly realized this was not going to work because of the need to keep most of the things in the bag. I quickly prayed that this dear child would fall asleep or watch a movie on the DVD player I had borrowed and carried on the plane. My prayers were answered when I picked her up and laid her on my lap and she closed her eyes and went to sleep even while the captain was making his rather loud announcement on the intercom. Sleep overcame me as well and we slept most of the flight. Miss A woke up when the captain came back on to announce our dissent. She wasn't too happy about waking up and her ears bothered her too so the last 30 minutes were a little rough but nothing I couldn't handle.
Since our trip, everything is all relative to flying with a toddler now. So...if A is having a restless moment in the doctor's office? I think to myself "No problem! At least we aren't in a plane!". If we are waiting in line at a store or shopping at Wegman's and she is screaming...I just think "At least we aren't in an airport...I can handle this!".
This line of thinking reminds me of right after I gave birth to Audrey. I kept being asked about any pain I was having and I downplayed any of it because it all seemed inconsequential because I had just been through natural childbirth! How could I take Motrin for post-partum cramping when I had just felt the mother of all cramps??? (Later I did accept the Motrin but turned down the Vicodin!)
Anyway, no more delay...here is the slide show:
No comments:
Post a Comment