The night before I took a pic of her on her last night of being 5:

We started the morning with her walking into our room and saying "Mommy, it's your birthday girl!"
We then snuggled and I told her of her birth story. She enjoyed listening to each moment and was quite concerned when I said I needed some stitches. I reassured her that mommy didn't feel the stitches (mostly!) because of the wonderful deadening medicine they give you (I left out that it's a shot).
We then came downstairs and she opened a card from us and proceeded to create her breakfast waffle that she had requested:
Making a wish-
She chose a Brave theme for her party:
And she wanted to do some crafts so we chose Valentine crafts from Hobby Lobby- Then she wanted to play pin the tail on the donkey. Her simple requests are so sweet....that game is only $2 at the party store-
Then it was cake and snack time-
With some of the candles-
She really wanted party hats too but there were no Brave ones so we opted for some simple Happy Birthday ones-
I asked for parents to do small or handmade gifts because she was so blessed at Christmas with presents. Almost all of her cards were handmade by her friends and some of the gifts were handmade too:
The girls had some time to play in the basement and bounce house too-
The blurred girls are bouncing on "moon bounce" balls that Uncle Alex gave the kiddos for Chanukah last year-
A family photo op:
Miss A wanted to open her gifts with her friends even though we usually open them after everyone goes home. But they were all excited to see what she got so we did:
It was a drop off party so we had about 9 other girls here besides our own children. Gramma came over to help. It was a success and the girls went home with their crafts that I put in their goodie bags: a bag with a Valentine cup, a bracelet, and two bookmark/rulers. There were enough of the some of the valentine crafts to give each girl an extra. They decorated felt hearts with stickers and jewels and they had scratch hearts to decorate. Very fun and very simple. Just perfect.
Happy Birthday to our big girl!


































No comments:
Post a Comment