Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Miss A's Reaction

My children didn't know I was pregnant until about 11 1/2 weeks. I brought them to my first prenatal appointment. At 11 weeks, the midwives usually cannot find the heartbeat by Doppler so when they could not find it I tried not to panic.
I knew they would give me an ultrasound in the office.
So, they did.
I went into the room with my brood.
Teri, the tech, placed the wand on my belly and I could see a flicker of a heartbeat (which we had seen at 7 weeks too) and I was relieved but she was quiet so I was a little worried. Finally she spoke and said she had freaked out a little bit but her machine had been "acting up".
After the heartbeat was confirmed, I asked Miss A and FJ if they knew what they were looking at on the screen.
Their answer "no".
I told them that meant that Mama was having a baby and a baby was inside her belly.
You would have thought I told Miss A that we were going to Disney World.
Seriously.
Her reaction was the best.ever.
"Oh I've been praying for this!!!"
Teri asked if she did not know and I said "no, this is her first time finding out."
Teri said, "Best. Reveal. Ever!" and "Your prayers have been answered!"
Yep!
FJ was excited too but not as much as Miss A.
She started telling everyone in the office-"my mommy is having a baby!"

The nurses asked if I was recording this.
No, I was not...no added pressure please!
One of the receptionists asked what she thought it might be-a boy or girl.
Miss A said, "We don't know yet...we will have to wait till it's hair gets longer."
Totally logical.
She just kept saying, "I just can't believe it!!"
Priceless.
She asked "can we tell Daddy when we get home?"
OH honey, Daddy already knows.
"Can we tell Gramma?" Yes, we can.
This is why I waited this long to tell you my dear...I know loose lips sink ships.

In the car on the way home, I asked FJ if he was excited, he said "yes" but Miss A said "But not as excited as me! I've been excited the whole time. I just can't believe it!" I looked at her in the mirror and could see her beaming from ear to ear.

Then she started talking about how she wanted it to be a boy. Because she wanted it to be 3 girls (one of those including me) and 3 boys (one of those includes Daddy) in the house.

As soon as we got home, I fed them lunch and walked Miss A to the bus stop. She had to tell Megan (my neighbor and friend) right away. (Megan already knew.)
Then as soon as she got on the bus, who did she tell?
The bus driver.
Again, this is why I had to wait to reveal. I knew she would want to tell the other way and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments: