Friday, January 24, 2014

From Kicks to Words

These are random things that have been happening around here:

A cool benefit of having multiple pregnancies is feeling kicks earlier each time: At 15 weeks, I felt what seemed like the first kick. It felt like a bubble in the lower abdomen where I would usually feel a first kick.
At 16 weeks, I felt another one.
Then at 17 weeks, I started feeling the little bubbly kicks every day in the evenings.
Now, I feel them throughout the day. I have even felt one or two with my hand on my belly so that might mean E can feel them soon too.

Miss A will be 6 tomorrow. That means I was pregnant for the first time 7 years ago. Holy cow.

The temperatures here are insanely cold. There's snow piled everywhere. While I am a fan of snow, I am not such a huge fan of piles of snow in the parking lots, snowy roads days later, and temps of 0 degrees in the morning. Miss A has had the entire week off of school. Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. day and the rest of the week was cancelled because of the 7 inches of snow we got on Tuesday.

FJ's tracheomalacia has never really gone away like they said it would at 2. When he has a cough, it is loud and noisy and sounds awful. So, he got a check up with the pulmonologist whom we hadn't seen in almost 3 years. His throat looked good, his ears and nose were clear and his chest was clear too....all while having a leftover cough from two weeks prior. They tried the breathing test on him but apparently he didn't do it correctly bc he kept making noises.
He needs to have an x-ray done soon of his throat so we will be doing that next week.
He also has reflux occasionally now and that could be tied to the cough so I have to pay attention to what he ate the days he complains of the reflux.


My littlest one says and does some darn cute things:
When she's being tickled and wants to be tickled more, she says "agam" for "again".
For her brother's name, she calls him "Foofy". It is the BEST and I hope she calls him that for quite a while.
She is very cuddly and huggable...she comes up to one of her siblings from time to time or mommy and daddy and gives us a hug and if we ask kindly, we even get a little kiss. She also loves to be held still which makes her very easy when there are playdates here in the afternoon and she's just awakened from a nap...she wants to be held and I can chat with the other mom. Easy.
She likes to lift up my shirt and kiss and hug the baby (my belly). She even waves at my belly and says "bye bye baby"! Adorbs.


No comments: