Guess who swallowed a real penny at 7:45 p.m. last night?
Rosie? Nope-thank goodness!
E? No, he's outgrown that
Me? No, I wasn't hungry.
FJ?-nope not him either
The correct answer is Miss A.
Right when we were getting to the end of watching the new Muppets movie for the second time, she said with a panicky tone, "I swallowed a penny!"
This is one of those parental moments when you are sitting right by your child and you still can't fathom how they managed to do something like that without you actually seeing it occur.
She said her chest was hurting too.
So, I paged the pediatrician on call.
Then I called a friend, Sonya, who used to be a nurse before having children.
The doctor said if the pain hadn't subsided in 15-20 minutes we would need to go to the ER to get X-rays.
I got worried then about her and also about who would stay with our other children and how there wasn't really anyone we could call to come over so we would probably have to leave one parent at home...etc...etc...etc...
Her chest stopped hurting, thank the Lord. But the doctor also said I would need to check her poop the next 2-3 days to make sure the penny passes.
Now, I had to smear Miss A's poop on a card three days in a row about a year ago when I thought I saw blood in her stool and I never wanted to do THAT again.
But, alas, it looks like I'll be donning the rubber gloves again and be up to my elbows in...
You get the picture...
Prayers are appreciated for her to pass it and for it not to make a permanent home in her intestines.
No comments:
Post a Comment