Tuesday, August 09, 2011

What's My Guess?

What gender do I think I am having??
That's the question I keep getting asked. So I will weigh in with my guess and my "evidence".
I will first let you know what some of my midwives think-
At 10 weeks, Courtney joked it was a boy because she had to really search around for the baby's heartbeat.
Several weeks ago, Paula said the baby had a "girlie heartbeat" meaning it was fast.
Last week, Paula again said that her totally unscientific guess is that this baby is a girl.
Yesterday, Margie said it was a boy judging by the heartbeat (142) and she said that I am carrying the weight all in my belly.
In two weeks, I will see Wendy and I will have to ask for her guess.

There have been a few heartbeat rates that have been similar to Miss A but several also like FJ at the same weeks. 
Miss A's heartbeat rates were overall faster than FJ's.

Here's what I've experienced so far in this pregnancy-
First trimester-nausea all day, exhaustion, severe skin breakouts, craving for protein, salty food and  Chinese food, heartburn, insomnia, heart racing and pounding, salads were yucky, don't love berries, Don't want anything sweet except for chocolate milk. Craved milk in the mornings. Enjoy pb and j's. Vivid dreams, numb hands at night.
Second trimester-feeling great, skin cleared up by 17 weeks, felt movement around 18 1/2 weeks, heartburn, Restless Leg Syndrome, heart pounding, love salads and fresh veggies, still no berries. Love peanut butter.
Third trimester-Heartburn, Restless leg syndrome, upper backache, insomnia, heart pounding, lots of movement, baby moved head down around 31 weeks, love salads, still no berries but apples and bananas, watermelon and cantaloupe are great. Still love peanut butter. Orange juice is delicious too.

In my pregnancy with Miss A-I had nausea all day and bad skin breakouts, didn't want salads or fruit or anything sweet, vivid dreams, numb hands in first trimester.
With FJ-I had nausea most of the day but it was better by dinner time and I had some skin breakouts. I could still eat salads. Vivid dreams and numb hands in first trimester.

There's one more good "symptom" I had but it's personal and I'll spare you the details but I didn't have it with Miss A. However, I did with FJ and I have had it most of this pregnancy until the third trimester.

So, my guess is that I am having a boy .

For anyone still holding out on guessing the gender, hopefully I have given you some evidence to help you vote! I am closing the voting early in case I have the baby early.

No comments: