Let's hope not!!
I had to go in today to see my midwives.
I've been having some pressure that last two days.
I mentioned it to the nurse and thought she would just tell me to wait till my appt on Monday.
She put me on hold and then told me to come in today at 11:45.
I went to a playdate first with the kids and my wonderful friend, Amber, graciously volunteered to watch my kids while I went. She also has 3 children of her own so she was taking on quite the task!
I went to the appointment and the midwife did a Fetal Fibronectin Test.
The results for that will be back tomorrow.
She also checked the position of the baby and it is now head down!!! Yahoo!! I had a feeling last week while I was in Bedford that the baby had moved head down. I felt some large movements and I felt less crampy which made me think it had moved.
Being that the baby is now head down, my midwife-Paula-thinks that may be why I'm feeling pressure now.
She also did a very gentle check and my cervix is still closed and long which is also fantastic news because that means that I am less likely at risk for pre-term labor.
We chatted about a few other causes for the pressure I am feeling and I left feeling that I am at low risk for pre-term labor.
I appreciated them getting me in today being that FJ arrived at 36 weeks and it's nice to play it safe and check.
So, I'm still praying that the test results come back negative tomorrow and this baby will stay in longer.
**Update-I found out today (Friday) that the test results are negative!!! Praise God!!
No comments:
Post a Comment