Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Fountain Fun

A couple of weeks ago, I ventured out to some local fountains for my kids to cool off on a very hot summer day. I had planned the playdate a month in advance and put it on our moms group calendar not knowing exactly how hot it would be that day. The high was 94 but we went in the morning.

However, my children were both very shy of the fountains for about the entire first hour! I spent that first hour chasing after FJ because he kept wanting to run towards the street or just away from the whole area. Miss A just dodged the fountains in general and would get close but for only a moment and then run away.

We met up with some other moms so that did provide some entertainment for Miss A at first...and then she finally warmed up the last hour and had a blast...especially once the camp of kids left and the fountains were more available to her. 
Miss A standing with her friend, J-
 FJ staying hydrated-

 Getting more confident-
 Very confident-

 Oh! Running from the fountain-
Much more brave now-

 FJ and Miss A both getting brave...except FJ quickly ran away-
This was a fun outting but not on such a hot day. I had to go home and take another shower afterwards. I was quite wiped out from carrying FJ around too when he was scared of the fountains.
Will I do this again this month? No, but will I do it when it's in the 80's again? Yes.
The fountains are slow and most of the time only one is shooting up into the air so that's also a downside to it along with there being no shade.
However, if you have older kids and it's a nice day, I suggest it!

No comments: