Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Turtles for a Friend

You've heard me talk about Lindsley before but yesterday she had her third child-a girl! She also has two little boys-Z and K. Z is Miss A's birthday twin.
Lindsley likes turtles...a lot! So, I perused the internet and found some cute girly turtle fabric to use to make something for her baby girl.
I decided to try my hand at applique. I actually found a tutorial with the exact fabric I was using here: http://readysetcraft.blogspot.com/2009/08/appliqued-baby-onesie-tutorial.html

I appliqued a onesie and made a matching bib.
Here are the turtles first ironed on and two turtles I cut out previously but stuck to the wrong side of the Steam-A-Seam-
 Sewing around the turtles-

A close up-
 I'm not sure why my computer will not rotate this picture but it won't, so alas, you have to view it sideways-
 The onesie in a gift bag I adorned with a gift tag I also made myself-
The two gifts together (the bib doesn't have the snaps on yet in this pic...my great husband does the snaps for me)-
Why do I post about my sewing projects? Well, first of all, I can't believe I have created these things being that I only learned to sew just 2 1/2 short years ago. I had never sewn anything before that unless you count Cross-Stitch as sewing.
I also like to look back at my early creations to see how much I have learned and (hopefully!) improved.

No comments: