I started this blog to keep family members (who don't live locally) updated about what was happening in our lives and as a way to "scrapbook" and remember these crazy, fun times. A grand baby book of sorts!
Now, we have more readers and many of them are local and some of them are even local family!
But lately I've felt convicted about something and I want to put this out there to those moms of young children:
I hope that my blog has never made anyone feel bad about the choices they make for their family regarding food, toys, being a SAHM, clothing, raising your children, diapering, nursing, childbirth, etc. I also hope that no one has ever read my blog and thought "wow, my child isn't doing that yet" or "why hasn't my child hit that milestone yet". Although I doubt that last one as my children tend to do things at the average time frame and even late time frame! :-) (See FJ's walking!) In fact, I hope I can help those whose children have walked later to feel a little better and worry a little less.
I hope no one has ever felt jealous over things we are doing as I try to keep things simple around here and try to not overdo things for parties and holidays. I do love celebrating each holiday but I try to keep it more to the activities and the time together than the decorations and gifts. I don't think anyone has ever been jealous but...
I have to be honest that I have felt jealousy when reading other blogs and worried about my children's milestones and so that is what has brought about this post. Because I've realized I've been a little jealous over some blog posts, I've chosen to not put myself in that position to get jealous anymore and I have chosen to filter out what blog posts I read. That may be a wimpy way of doing things...I should be stronger than that, shouldn't I?? But it's something I need to do right now till I can conquer this jealousy thing. Gosh what a millstone that is around my neck sometimes!!
So there it is...my honesty...raw and out there for you to read...but just wanted to let moms know that I hope I have never made anyone feel badly and I only try to keep things simple, easy, and God-honoring in our house.
1 comment:
I understand completely what you are saying. I have found myself feeling very badly about who I am & my little life sometimes after reading Facebook and other blogs. I very often have to step back and walk away from reading them. I will pray for you in this struggle :)
Post a Comment