My dear husband was out of town for Mardi Gras this year but I didn't let that stop us from celebrating the best we could not being in Louisiana.
I bought a King Cake at Wegman's for $12. (I don't know if that's a good price or not but if you can get one around here, it's a miracle!) Do you know how excited I was that they sold them this year? They haven't sold them in years!!! The last two years I made a knockoff version using canned cinnamon rolls and I've even ordered one online from kingcakes.com!
So, here's a photo of it...in case anyone in my area is wondering what it looks like:
My friend, Linds, invited us out to her house on Fat Tuesday because her husband was also out of town. Linds is a southern girl from Tennessee and her dad was born in Napoleonville, LA so who better to celebrate with in the area?
I made some jambalaya with my handy dandy Zatarain's mix and cut up some turkey sausage and added that to the rice.
Then I opened up a can of Margaret Holmes okra and tomatoes...I had to have some sort of southern veggies and Margaret Holmes is a southern brand of food that is sold in the regional/international part of Wegman's! So that worked out perfectly!
The the kids got to have King Cake and we matched up their slices with their clothing...I had Miss A wear yellow and FJ wear green...I didn't have any purple on but L did! In fact, this was Linds' first time to have a slice of King Cake...I should have gotten a photo of her!
FJ and his slice-
Miss A, Z and K-
FJ enjoying his slice-
No comments:
Post a Comment