Monday, March 07, 2011

17 Months Old!

FJ is 17 months old and this is a belated post. I am quite behind on my posts!

 
Some fun things he is doing:
Nodding his head for yes when we ask if he wants something
Signing "Thank you"
Signing "All done"
Signing "Please"
Saying "A-dle" for apple
Saying "ball" for anything round
Saying "bee-bee" for baby
Walking like crazy!


He loves to play hide and seek and peekaboo which I love. 




He's wearing 12-18 month/18 month stuff and we usually have to roll up the pants a little.
Weight-22.4 lbs. (for my own personal info-weighed with clothes on the scale at home on 3/14)
Height-30 1/2 inches
Head-48 cm.
He now officially is over the weight and height limits for his infant car seat! It's time to buy a convertible one!  (Miss A made it to 18 months in the infant car seat.) We have gotten quite the mileage out of that Peg Perego! Thanks to my father in law who purchased that as a baby gift for us when we were expecting Miss A!
I realize now that I forgot to fill in his height and head measurements for last month's post...I guess that's how it goes with 2 children!
He has 8 teeth. He's currently teething and his gums are swollen.

Some more pics for your viewing-
He is currently weaning himself from nursing. We were only down to 1-2 times a day...either in the morning or evening. I don't think he was getting that much anymore and mostly just nursing out of habit and comfort. It was a nice way to get him ready for bed at night.
I had read about babies and toddlers that would self wean and I am seeing it in action. I am sad to see it go but I've been trying only at night for the past week and each night he turns away so I think he is done. It's nice to see him make the decision for himself though and glad that it won't be a hard time trying to wean him!
Here's a photo of Miss A trying to nurse her baby in FJ's glider just as I used to do with FJ-


Some more photos of the little man-
Saying "oooh"...his favorite word-
Hanging out on the deck...a new favorite pasttime for him-

No comments: