Monday, January 31, 2011

New Year's Resolution

This is a late post but I am doing this to hold myself accountable. My resolution is to simply BE healthier. I think this is a pretty attainable goal because it can manifest in many ways.
I came to this resolution when over the holidays i discovered i was getting a caffeine headache when i didn't have my morning cup of Joe. That would not do.
So, my first step in the new year was to start to wean myself from caffeine. I started
With making half-caff in the morning. That worked fine and this morning i went straight to decaf. So far today, no caffeine headache.

Ways to be healthier this year for me:
Little to no caffeine
Drink less calories (a good rule to follow to is to never drink your calories)
Be active each day (even if it's just running up my stairs rather than walking up them!)
Go to bed at a decent hour each night
Make healthy meal choices at restaurants
Spend time with God each day (spending some time on my Bible study each day, spending more time in prayer, praying that each day be a God-directed day)

One more thing I would like to do this year is spend more time doing for others less fortunate. I daydream about it but then i get super caught up in the day to day of taking care of a husband and two children 3 and under. Not to say that is a good excuse but it is my struggle.

So here's to 2011! I hope I can take a look back in a year and see that I have I met these goals.

No comments: