Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snowdom

Snowdom: (Sno-dum) When a family has been kept inside way too long because of snow, they get really bored and thus get very creative with how they spend their time!

In case you haven't been watching the news, we got 32 inches of snow here over the weekend!!! But that was on top of the 6 inches we had gotten during the week and the previous weekend. That's not all though...we are scheduled to receive more snow today! Depending on what you read or hear....it's anywhere between 10 and 20 inches we are predicted to get today and tomorrow!

The snow began last Friday and Miss A and I made a smoothie that we got from my friend's blog at Living Slowly. I didn't have all the ingredients she mentioned but I had most of them and posted a photo of them below.
Baby F was sitting in the high chair during all of this just observing.
Here's a photo of our smoothie and the ingredients...Miss A liked the green one better than the chocolate one but don't take the second picture wrong...she still enjoyed it...she just decided to stick out her tongue for that pic...
 
  
Today's smoothie...also taken from Michelle's blog...I didn't have the kale but I did have all the other ingredients for this one...

 

Alas, here are some photos of our snowy weekend-
Our deck before it was partially cleaned off by E-
 
The top of our grill from our kitchen window-

 
E shoveling off the deck-

 
The view outside our front door on that Sunday, the day after shoveling had been done...disclaimer-yards appear ten times higher because of the snow shoveled into them-
  
  
Take a look at how the snow in the yard next to us is higher than our front porch-

What did we do on Saturday while the daddy was outside shoveling for 6 hours? Well, we brought the snow inside of course (thanks to Lindsley's great idea)!


We did get our valentine verses glued onto some cute doily hearts and in a jar that we pull from each morning. They go right up on our patio door after they are read.
 
  
(The pic above was taken before the great Snowstorm/Snowpocalypse/Snowmagedden/Snowapalooza/Blizzard 2010)

Now for 3 quick milestone updates:

1. Miss A said "I love you" all by herself yesterday with no prodding and without someone saying it first! When E got home from work, he picked her up and she hugged him and she said "I Ove You"! It was the sweetest thing and brought tears to my eyes!

2. Baby F laughed out loud on Saturday! He started to do it last week but it was pretty quiet. However, on Saturday, there was no denying it! It was the cutest funniest thing! I love how easily he laughs...he's such a happy baby now.

3. I met one of my fitness goals today!!! I am now under that unwritten weight limit...remember how I said that I wanted to be under 1_0? Well, I am now under that! I now weigh 1_9!!! Apparently, eating a brownie and working out yesterday is what pushed it over the edge...or is that under the edge??

2 comments:

Mt Princess said...

Your smoothies look tasty...yum!!

Congrats on the fitness goal...WAY TO GO! I know that feels so great to achieve :) GREAT JOB :)

Lindsay said...

Yay for Audrey saying I love you, Finley laughing, and your weight loss goal! Hang in there, after this storm we're supposed to be done and warmer for a while. :)