Tuesday, February 02, 2010

4 Months Today!

Our little guy is 4 months old today!
He had his check up today too so here are his stats:
weight-13 lbs., 12 ounces-25th percentile
length-24 1/2 inches-40th percentile
head-42 cm-40th percentile

He still has a reflux related cough that the nurse practitioner was finally able to hear after I kept waiting for him to cough. The cough sounds croupy but it's not croup because he has no other croup symptoms. He's had this cough for about 2 months and he coughs about 3-4 times a day...it's not that often and it usually happens during nursing or when he's getting his medicine or when he's upset. The NP mentioned it to the doctor and called me later to talk about it. They are pretty sure it's reflux related especially as long as he is sleeping and nursing well. However, if he still has the cough in a month, they will want to do an x-ray of his vocal cords to see if anything else is causing it. :-(

He was so happy and smiley during his appointment and he really charmed the NP and the nurse.  He is such a blessing and a joy to have in our family! He makes me smile so much because he smiles so easily himself! I just love his little spirit and personality. It's amazing to think that this is the same baby who was SO colicky for the first 8-10 weeks of his life!
He even did well with his vaccines...he got one vaccine by mouth and the other was a shot in his leg. He cried when it first went in but I got close to his ear and made a nice "shhhh" sound and he calmed down immediately. 

He has just started to laugh out loud and he's really good at pushing himself up and staying like that for a good length of time.
 
  


And here are his 4 month photos...all I had to do to get him to smile was say some gibberish and talk in a really high-pitched baby voice and Voila! I got smiles! I love this little man! I took so many that I like, I had to post several of them...he's wearing a Valentine outfit that someone gave to Miss A after she was born...I figured it was pretty gender neutral and it could work for both of them...Miss A was only 3 weeks old around V-Day though so she couldn't fit into the pants and Baby F is a little big for the shirt but it still fit...

 
  
 

2 comments:

All Things Family said...

I like the 2nd pic of him the best....isn't funny how both of our second babes smile SO much easier than their serious sibsters!

thecoghlans said...

I LOVE the photos of Baby F! My favorite is the one of him on the bed, so stinkin' cute. You are a very lucky Mommy.