Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Audrey Updates

As of last Thursday morning, Audrey can now put herself into a sitting position from her belly! Before I had to sit her down in order to get her to sit up. But last Thursday morning, I put her on her belly in her room and walked to my room to get something. While I was in there, I heard her kind of fussing. When I came back, she was sitting up in a different spot! I couldn't believe it-it took me a minute to try to remember where I had put her and if I had sat her down or put her on her belly! When I realized what she had done, I was so excited but sad that I missed it! Thankfully, about 5 minutes later, I got to see her do it! Since that day, she has been going from her belly to sitting up a ton! It's part of her mode of transportation. The way she gets around is a mixture of moves: getting on her belly from sitting, sitting up, launching herself forward with her legs and pushing herself backwards with her arms, and rolling over. I just noticed yesterday that it seems like she is trying to launch herself forward with her legs and this morning she is trying to add the arms in with it! Yay!!
On Sunday, the lady in the nursery, Jean, noticed Audrey trying to pull up on one of the toy containers! This morning, I saw her putting her hands on our coffee table and gumming on it. So, I stood her up and she can sort of hold on for a minute without me supporting her.

Yesterday, I took her to the doctor because she had first runny nose all last week along with an intermittent cough. The past couple of days, Evan and I noticed her touching her ears. The doctor told me that the inside of Audrey's ears looked "gorgeous" and that she is teething! I can't see any teeth that are supposedly about to pop through but the doc could see it!
The doc also let me know that Audrey has eczema and that is what is causing her cradle cap that we haven't been able to shake since she was born and the dry patches on her torso and shoulders. Oh and she weighed 17 pounds and about 8 ounces.

My Aunt Marilyn sent Audrey the cutest onesie and bib last week. She got them from the Monogram Pear, which I link to on this blog. I am posting some pics of her in those new gifts. I put her in the onesie for my birthday because she looked like a little present in it!

Here is a pic of Evan and me with Audrey on my birthday-


Audrey playing with Grammy at her house
Audrey loved this Snowman and cracked up each time Grammy put it on her lap.
Audrey really got a kick out of Evan putting this little lamb on her head one morning.
This is one of her favorite things to do these days-standing up on her hands and feet-
This is a pic of her in one of the $1 bibs that you get in the front of Target. She is our little pumpkin!
Last week I tried giving her table foods to see what she would do. I cut up some banana and here she is trying to pick it up...it turned out to be way too gooey for her to try to grasp!

One afternoon when she was fussy and I needed to do some things in the kitchen, I decided to get some plastic containers out for her to play with...I don't know why I hadn't thought about this before...I've seen so many other moms do this! Anyway, she enjoyed playing with them and now they are part of her toy collection-

3 comments:

All Things Family said...

great pics...love Audrey! She's just so stinking cute! Hope you join me and Lindsay on the playdate tomorrow...Zaden wants his girlfriends to meet each other!

Swartz's Scribbles said...

she is a cutie pie!!!

Lindsay said...

She's a cute little pumpkin! The bib is so fun.