We've been weaning Audrey from the pacifier since last Wednesday night. We had to go cold turkey with it. It was REALLY tough that first night. Once I decided there would be no more paci, it took her an hour and a half to fall asleep with me doing Pick Up/Put Down with her, talking to her, and keeping my hand on her back to calm her. Thursday naps were fine and that night wasn't bad. But around 5:00 Friday morning, she would not go back to sleep and around 5:30 I put in earplugs as I tried to calm her back to sleep. Around 5:50 I heard a whispery sound and I turned but didn't see anything. Then I thought I heard something again so I turned around again. That's when I saw this sheet floating!!!! I had a sheet in her room because I had slept on her floor the night before. When I saw that sheet floating, I screamed and ran out of the room. (Yes, I left my daughter in her room with a ghost-I am a terrible mom!) As soon as I ran out, I hear Evan saying "Babe, it's me! Babe, it's me!". He had come into her room to be there for moral support and was laying down on the floor when I saw the sheet floating. I was sooo relieved it was him but I just fell apart right then because I was so exhausted and I had been so scared. I just started crying and Evan hugged me till I was calm. By this time, Audrey was screaming of course! So, it took till 6:15 and she finally went back to sleep. The story is hilarious to me now and it makes me laugh out loud thinking about it. Anyway, Friday night Audrey slept great and only woke up twice and even slept for a 5 hour stretch. That was wonderful for her and us!! But yesterday she didn't want to nap at all. Then late in the afternoon she took a 3 hour nap with me. Last night she woke up about 3 times and today she wouldn't nap at all! She screamed and cried and only slept for 45 minutes today except for the 20 minutes she slept in the car when we went to this dinner for our church this evening. I guess she is still wanting that pacifier for her naps but it's weird because the first days of weaning she was okay napping without it.
Thankfully she is sleeping now.
Evan is out of town tonight in Chattanooga for work but he will be back tomorrow. This is our first night at home without Evan. I am kind of scared staying home by myself and last time Evan was away for a night we stayed with some friends. But I guess I have to do it some time!
1 comment:
What a funny story! I know exactly what you mean about that moment when everything just falls apart and so do you. At least he was there to hug you that night. I hope you are a big girl and survive staying alone...I am still afraid of the dark and I hate to be alone, so I totally understand!
Post a Comment