Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today- A Year Ago

Today is September 11th and it's wild to think that it was 7 years ago that terrorists attacked our country in such a horrid way.
A year ago today was the day we found out we were having a girl. It was a weird day to look forward to because it was 9/11. That morning I went to school and then left to meet Evan at the ultrasound place. While we waited to be called, we watched the news as they replayed events and news from 9-11-01. We were called back before they showed the replay of the planes hitting the buildings.
Once we were back in the room, the ultrasound began. Evan and I thought the tech would tell us we were having a boy. I really wanted a girl first but the way I was carrying plus some of my symptoms seemed to point towards a boy. However, a few days before the ultrasound, I didn't really have a sense of what I was having. We were both surprised when she said it was a girl! But I was so excited!! On my way back to school, I called my mom on her cell to tell her the great news! Now, here we are-a year later-and that baby girl is with us. She is such a blessing and she's so beautiful and fills our days with laughter and smiles.

No comments: