Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moving, Sucking Thumb, etc.

Audrey loves sucking her thumb! She also likes to try to put her whole fist in her mouth. But when she does this, she coughs because I guess she is trying to shove it in too far. It's cute because she is just trying to figure out her hands and she definitely finds them very entertaining.
She is also trying to turn over and get moving. I have noticed her turning on her side more when she is on her playmat. But yesterday, when I went in to get her up from her nap, I noticed she had moved herself near the crib rails. This is amazing because she is completely swaddled and none of her arms or legs are loose. Last night she woke up around 1 and I went in to check on her and she had angled herself to where her head was very close to the rails. So, I gave her the paci and then moved her back to the middle of her crib. Then she woke up at 2 and I went in and checked on her. She had moved again and was laying at an angle and her head was actually against the rails. I am guessing that is why she woke up! I felt bad for her. I moved her to the middle of her crib again. Then when she woke up at 4:30, I went in to get her to feed her and she had angled herself again near the rails. I am very impressed that she is able to move herself being completely swaddled and being alone in her crib. She has done this lots when she has slept in our bed but I know the springs and our weight help her maneuver herself over to us.
Another fun thing is that she actually laughed on Monday. I have heard her giggle before but the other day she definitely laughed when I smiled and talked to her! So cute!

No comments: