Friday, September 06, 2013

Mount Washmore

My friend, Megan, coined the term "Mount Washmore" when she blogged about laundry about a year go.

I now call it that too.

We are blessed to have our laundry room on the main level versus the basement in our townhouse.

We are also blessed with a great washer and dryer that work very well and are also a very cool eye-pleasing blue.

We are working on getting our laundry room to look a little more inspiring...okay, the inspiration is for me.

I brought all of our laundry down the other day and it was quite the mountain. I decided to take a snapshot of it-
 A photo below without the laundry-
 A different angle-
And a picture with an inspirational verse to keep me going-

When I look at a mound of laundry in my laundry room, I try to look past all the work that it means for me and instead try to think of the fact that all those clothes=many blessings. If I didn't have three little ones and one big guy in my house, I would have not have all that laundry to do but for me it would be a much less interesting and much less fun life.

I know when my children have grown up I will be sad that there's less laundry to do and I know I will miss how small and cute their clothes are now.

So, I count my blessings and when I count them...I include those piles of laundry.

No comments: