Miss A turned 3 1/2 on the 25th!!
When I asked to take her 3 1/2 year old picture on her half-birthday, she insisted that I take pictures of her in her Ariel dress in different places in our living room-
She weighs 31 pounds and is 38 inches tall.
Her head is 51 cm around which isn't much bigger than FJ's.
One of her favorite topics is what's scary in all the princess movies. I think she wants to know what movie she can watch and not be scared and I think I figured out the least scary might be Cinderella.
She is so sweet when she first wakes up in the mornings. She often comes up to me and greets me in a whispery voice-Good morning, Mommy-and she usually gives me a kiss.
When I tell her good night and I love you, she will usually say "I love you too".
She loves to hold hands with friends.
She likes to hug her brother.
She still wants to be held...especially when she is tired of walking...and she gets tired from walking very quickly.
Playing with playdough, painting, and dressing up are all favorite activities for her among other things.
Watching TV is still a top fave and I often have to cut off the supply b/c she would be happy to watch TV for hours.
Thankfully, she also enjoys being read to and enjoys looking at books! She gets 2-3 stories before nap and 2 stories and a Bible story before bed at night.
She doesn't always nap.
She only naps when she's gotten up really early that morning or if she's been outside for a couple of hours that morning.
That means she only naps about 2-4 days a week and usually not on weekends at all because Daddy is here! (She surely can't miss out on whatever Daddy is doing.)
She asks to pray before meals and will thank God for random things that make us smile.
She warms up pretty quickly to new people and smiles and laughs easily. This is fun for us considering how serious she was for the first year or two of her life.
Singing a song before bed is a must and she either requests a certain song or she asks that we make up a song about whatever topic she fancies that day.
She talks about the new baby and for a while, she wanted it to be a girl and that we give the baby her name so there would be two in the house.
But now, she says it can be a boy and we can give the baby daddy's name.
She likes to pretend she is a baby and will pretend cry and wants us to hold her.
She asks to do "Eskimo kisses".
I think she's beautiful and I know that's ingrained in us to think our own children are beautiful. I also know and think other children are also beautiful but I can't help but think she is gorgeous when I look at her blue eyes, tan skin, cute cheeks, and curly hair.
So, here we are 6 months away from her 3rd birthday and 6 months till her 4th birthday. 4 sounds so big! It's a good thing we have 6 months to go!



No comments:
Post a Comment