Sunday, April 03, 2011

Mortified

Today, while looking at a model home, my husband was down stairs talking to the sales guy. I am upstairs with my mother in law, Karen, FJ, and Miss A. Miss A wanders off to another room to look. I am in a room with FJ and Karen. I hear Miss A say "Mama, I tee-teed!" I look in the bedroom she had been in and just see her shoes on the floor. Then I realize she is talking to me from the master bedroom and she's actually in the bathroom. I think to myself "she just used the model home toilet...I hope the toilet is working!"
But I go to the bathroom and instead I see a. PUDDLE. of. pee. on. the. floor. Oh and Miss A standing in soaked jeans. All I could say to myself was "this isn't happening". After that I thought, let's just hide the evidence....there was no toilet paper. So, I saw a basket of cotton balls and thought we could use those to dry up the pee from the floor and then hide the cotton in my coat. But my mom in law grabbed a hand towel from another bathroom and brought it in to dry up the mess and then rinsed it off in the sink. Yep, the hand towel that belongs to the model home...oh and did I mention that the model home is already sold? Anyway, we walked downstairs and Karen told the man what happened and E went up and got the towel to bring home as our souvenir. Miss A rode home in undies and no pants....

I still carry extra undies because although Miss A made great strides with pooping in the potty after Christmas, she has since reverted to her old ways of comfortably pooping in her panties some days.

But I digress...I was mortified after today's events to say the least.

Oh and later in the day, while we were at the tot lot, Miss A had once again waited too long to go to the potty and needed to go immediately so I had to hold her up and have her pee right in the middle of the tot lot today. Thankfully, there were no other kids around. We're just keepin' it classy around here.

3 comments:

Mt Princess said...

I don't want to laugh at your expense, but this did give me quite the chuckle first thing on a Monday morning! Hope your bathroom adventures are much more "dignified" today :)

Brossettelewis said...

I could have been #2. Good times. :)

thecoghlans said...

I'm gonna say it again, "what a little stink!"