Monday, April 11, 2011

Sewing Project: Nursing Cover

My friend, Sandie, is due with her second child, another bouncing boy, on April 16th. (Which also happens to be my nephew, Gabriel's birthday-Happy Early 1st Birthday, Gabe!)
Back in January Sandie said she wanted to buy a new nursing cover because she didn't really like the one she had last time. I got a little brave and told her I would make her a new one...even though I had never made one in the past. She readily agreed and I sent her the list of materials to buy. She quickly bought them and picked out her material and brought the supplies to me. But it took me till this past week to actually start it and get it done.
Each week after her prenatal appointments, she has called me or emailed to tell me that she is either 1, 2, or 3 cm so that got my nesting instinct going and I finally got started.

The most challenging part was putting the boning in but the rest was pretty easy.
Some work in progress-



The final product-
I'm pleased with it but I told her not to look at the stitching too closely! My stitches are sometimes curvy and not very straight.

These are the two tutorials I used:
I used this tutorial for most of it-Sew Much Ado
I used this one for the boning-Freshly Picked

2 comments:

thecoghlans said...

Good job! I like the pattern.

Lindsay said...

Amazing work!!