Friday, September 17, 2010

Cape May, Take 2

We ventured to Cape May again for Labor Day weekend. We went last year for Labor Day also and little did I know that I was only 4 weeks away from giving birth!
We had a grand time in Cape May and it was a little cleansing for me. I was a little worried about the emotions I might feel going back. The last time we were there was in July right in the middle of my grandfather's funeral. While we were there, I flew home with FJ to go to the funeral and then flew back to PA and rode back down with Aunt S and E's mom to CM to continue the vacation with the family. It was difficult to fully be there in my mind and heart when I couldn't help but think about my family back in Louisiana.
This time it was different. It was refreshing and renewing.

Without further ado, here are some fun pics from our trip-
Some pics of the kiddos-

Miss A's curly pony tail-
FJ fell asleep on the beach and Miss A just rested-
I love Miss A's chubby cheeks in this pic-
Yes, I made it to the beach too!
Miss A and Aunt S reading-
Miss A took this pic of her"Grandmon"-
Miss A also took this photo of Uncle R-
And this photo of FJ with the drooly chin-
The kids piling on daddy-
We were in CM during Hurricane Earl and thankfully it only produced rain and large waves...
We had fun hanging out on the beach after most of the rain had come through-
The large waves formed this little "river" that Miss A finally got brave enough to play in...but first we got some photos of Uncle R and Aunt S-
Miss A made a new friend during her time in the "river"...this cute little girl was a little over 2 years old and her parents had dressed her up to take some cute photos of her...luckily they didn't mind Miss A in most of her photos!

We hit up the arcade while we were in CM and had a blast with skeeball-
Uncle R helped Miss A to understand the game because as you can see she liked to toss the ball into the other person's lane...
 Nothin' like playing skeeball with the little guy in the carrier!

Miss A enjoyed some time at the fountain in the downtown shopping area-
Aunt S holding FJ-
Some play time in the house the morning of the day we left to come home-
Miss A watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from a nice, comfy rocking chair just her size-
And trying on Aunt S's sneakers right before we were getting ready to head out that evening-
We had another relaxing, fun time in Cape May. I got lots of reading done and E and I had a date night too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we were still there! The hurricane made it a different experience - lots of reading, some fun shopping and the great "river" on the beach! :) Love ya! Aunt S & Uncle R

Lindsay said...

That looks like such a wonderful trip! Your family is just adorable.f