Tuesday, April 06, 2010

6 Months!




Yes, our little guy is half a year old already! He turned 6 months on Good Friday and he had his check up today.
He weighed 15.6 lbs.-15th percentile or the NP said 30th if you consider him being a month early
He measured 25 1/2 inches long-25th percentile or 50th if you consider him being a month early
His head was 43 1/2 cm-50th percentile

The NP did tell me that the charts are based on formula-fed babies in Ohio from about 60 years ago! So, she wanted me to take that into account when she gave me the percentiles. I had heard that before when Miss A was a baby so I've tried to take percentiles with a grain of salt. Plus, E and I aren't exactly Paul Bunyan made-over so we don't expect our children to be off the charts when it comes to weight or height.

As for the tracheomalacia, the NP did give me two names of ENT docs that I can visit to get F's vocal chords checked out if I am still concerned. I am glad to have those names in hand because occasionally (when the cough seems worse) I will think that maybe we should see a specialist just to get a better picture and to have more information.

He's still on Prevacid for reflux and usually spits up about once a day.  The Prevacid is a pain to get though. It's only made at a compounding pharmacy that has no drive-through and the medicine has to be refilled every 15 days and refrigerated. Thankfully they have a curbside service and if you call ahead, they can bring the medication out to you or send someone out to watch your children for you. The parking is right in front of the pharmacy so I can also easily see my kids in the car. The last time I went, the actual pharmacist went in and got my RX for me and then came out to watch my kiddos while I went and paid for the medicine.

As for fun things that F.J. is doing-
He can sit alone in a "lion stance" for about 30 seconds.
He loves being up on his knees and often sleeps that way.
He is pushing himself backwards now and gets stuck on things such as the leg of the ottoman. (Miss A did this very same thing.)
All toys go to his mouth
He can roll from front to back and back to front.
Solid foods-he has tried oatmeal cereal, green peas, and pears. He didn't like the peas and the pears made him shutter...apparently they are too sour for him even with oatmeal cereal mixed in with them. The NP suggested we tried carrots or sweet potatoes.

Now, for some fun pics-
 Sportin' some drool on the chin-

Doing some P90X ab exercises with Daddy-

Hanging out in the exersaucer for the first time-
The first time to try peas...I'm pretty sure he's thinking "Yuck!"...
I love seeing him in this bib that I made for him just a few days before he was born!
Up on those knees-
That sweet irresistible smile (You have to click on this photo to make it bigger to really see that cute smile!)
Sitting up-
At the doctor's office today-
Hanging out in Miss A's room...F.J. is wearing his LSU gear-
Grabbing at toys-
A "formal" photo-
And that's a wrap!

5 comments:

Mt Princess said...

What a cutie-patooty!! He is adorable!!! (of course, I wouldn't expect him to be anything but that with a GORGEOUS mommy like you!!)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Finley's smile is great! He reminds me of Audrey at that age. :) Finley looks like he's trying to copy Evan exercising. Love the photos of Audrey & Finley together. Sooooo cute!
Love,
Aunt Sharon

the fortenberrys said...

He's adorable, Laura! Where did the time go and how did he get to be six months old already!!!

thecoghlans said...

I love the "formal" pic, so sweet. I also love the pic of him & Evan doing the ab ripper, lol. Evan looks like he's in so much pain. lol.

All Things Family For Us said...

Man that boy sure is smiley! Can't wait to see you guys on Monday....I'll call when we're finished at the ear doc to let you know we're OTW