Monday, February 09, 2009

She took 2 steps today!

For the past couple of days, Audrey has become increasingly confident in her ability to stand on her own. She's been letting go and standing for a few seconds before grabbing onto something or promptly sitting down. This evening as I was preparing dinner, she was squatting and then she stood up (something else she has been doing more of lately)...then...she moved her left foot forward and then moved it forward again. Both steps were with her left foot. I was so excited and so happy for her! My heart just leaped when I saw her do that. This ranked right up there with her first smile, the first time she rolled over, the first time she sat up on her own, and the first time she crawled.

3 comments:

graceandkate said...

YAY Miss A!

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Audrey, you go, girl! What are we going to do when they learn to walk? I am having enough trouble keeping up with the crawl. We should have had them when we were younger and more agile!

All Things Family said...

wow! that is HUGE!!!! Yeah Audrey!

(I will tell you from the other side...things have gotten MUCH busier for me since someone learned to walk!) But it is still so cute and fun, and I love it!