Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Just a few little things...

Just wanted to post a few little things...
Last week Audrey started pointing! She woke up one morning (in our bed of course) and started pointing at the TV! She knows that we put on the Today Show in the morning and pointed at the TV right away. Since then, she's been pointing at everything. She even points to let me know she wants something! Yay for showing me she wants something in a way OTHER than CRYING! Today she pointed at my glass of water until I let her drink from it. I put it back and she pointed again to get another sip...even after she drank too much and coughed on it...she pointed and wanted more.

Another wonderful thing is that she now takes almost all of her milk from the sippy cup! I bought a couple of Nuby sippy cups the other day and she took her milk from it right away. The only time I give her milk in a bottle now is at night when it's time for bed in hopes that it will trigger "sleepy time" for her.

Yesterday and today she has tried clapping her hands so I think that will be a milestone she will reach soon.

We traded my Passat yesterday for a new car! Yes, the Passat that I've only had for 6 months. It's the perks of being married to a VW/Audi Corporate employee! You can trade in a lease car every 6-12 months and they love for you to do it because they want to see their newest cars on the road! So, we traded the 2008 Volkswagen Passat for a 2009 Audi A4 Quattro. It's 4 wheel drive which makes me feel even safer in the snow we've been getting. I drove it around today and loved it. Of course I miss the Passat a little but I know that it will take me no time to get used to the Audi. Evan is already thinking of where he can go tonight so he can have an excuse to drive it. He feels like his '03 Audi is ancient now. Ha! Maybe he wouldn't mind running to Babies R Us for me...

Will post pics of the new car and fun pics of Audrey soon!

1 comment:

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Have you ever tried letting her drink through a straw? I started it with Stella when she was very small and now she will only drink from straw cups....hates sippies! Glad to hear that Audrey is doing so well! Congrats on the new car!