I took Audrey with me when we went to vote yesterday. I wore her in the Baby Bjorn. The election officials gave me two "I Voted" stickers so Audrey could have one too! She did great in the carrier and didn't make a peep while we waited in line to vote. Several people commented on her and whether she would be voting or not. :-) It was very exciting and a momentous occasion having her there with me while I was voting for the 44th President of the United States. Below is a pic of Audrey with her sticker on -
As most of you know, many places were giving away freebies yesterday. I made sure I went through the Starbucks drive-thru after voting to score my free coffee and it was so delicious too. I never knew their drip coffee was so yummy. The barista put the perfect amount of cream and sugar in it too. I was really trusting her to put the right amount in and I would love to call them and ask just how much she used because I can never seem to get the right ratio. Plus, I usually prefer a latte or capuccino over drip coffee but after yesterday's cup...I could be persuaded to change to drip! Speaking of freebies, Chic-fil-a was giving out coupons for free sandwiches too. Below is Miss A with both of my freebies...she's holding my empty coffee cup and the coupon is on the floor under her foot-
This is a photo of Audrey in a shirt that I wore when I was a baby-

This is Audrey enjoying a Baby Mum-Mum. If you haven't discovered these great treats for baby, you are missing out! I found these in the organic/natural food section of Wegman's. They are also gluten free. They are rice rusks and this one was vegetable flavored. They dissolve in a baby's mouth but they are better for them than the Gerber Graduates because they have a lot less chemicals in them and they are much easier for babies to pick up...especially those who haven't mastered the pincer grasp yet. Audrey LOVES these!! Plus they give me some extra time to get her lunch or dinner ready when she's hungry and fussy. I think in this pic Audrey has a runny nose...will explain more about that at the end of the post.

Yesterday afternoon, after doing diaper laundry, I decided to take a photo of my stash. Here's a photo of my cloth diapers minus 2. They other two were fitted diapers that take longer than the alloted 70 minutes in the dryer...so they were hanging up in the laundry room. Anyway, if you add the other two, I have 18 cloth diapers. This still isn't enough for me in my opinion because it means I have to do diaper laundry about every other day or every 2 days. I'd like to be able to go a little longer. When these are all in the wash, I have to either use my basic prefolds and a cover or a disposable. Audrey can't stand feeling wet so when I use a prefold, I have to change her after ever time she wets it. Then I end up changing tons of diapers! (You can see Audrey in the pic looking up at the TV...a rare opportunity for her so she was glued to it right away. I think Oprah was on at the moment.)

So, we think Audrey has the croup. :-( She woke up Saturday morning with a cough. Sunday, my friend, Tifanni, heard her cough and said she thought it was the croup. Monday morning I took A to the docs during the walk-in hours which are between 7:30 and 8:30. The doctor wrote an RX for Prednisone and we both agreed that I would wait to give it to her until I was sure she had the croup. Of course Audrey never coughed while the doc was in there but he said her nose look congested (she had just woken up with a runny nose that morning) but her ears looked fine, her chest sounded fine, and she didn't have a fever. He also asked how many teeth she had now and my answer was the same as it has been for the past few months: None. Anyway, Monday afternoon, my mom and I were talking on the phone and she heard Audrey cough and she asked "Is that croup?". Right then I knew I needed to fill the prescription. Off to Wegman's we went and when I got there A was asleep in her carseat. I put the carseat in the cart and she stayed asleep! She never does that anymore. She ended up sleeping for about 20 minutes while I waited on the medicine and got a few other things. As of today, she has had two doses and she has 3 doses left. The first few nights she was sick she slept great. Last night was a different story! I think she wanted to know who was going to win the election. She went to bed early because she took such a short afternoon nap. I put her down at 6 and she woke up at 6:45. I got her back to sleep and she slept till 9. I got her back to sleep and then she woke up at 10. So, I brought her into our room, changed her diaper because she had completely soaked her cloth diaper and changed her into something cooler than her fleece sleeper. I put her in the "Sleep is for the weak" outfit....I think that was the problem! She didn't go back to sleep till almost midnight! Then she woke up at 4 which has been her usual time lately and I nursed her and then she woke up for the day at 7. Before the time change, her wakeup time was 8 and of course, now she likes to wake up at 7. Ugh! But I know it could be earlier so I am not complaining too much. I only complain when she didn't get very much sleep and she still wakes up that early....like last night!
Miss A needs my attention now so I must go. Hope you all enjoy the pics!
1 comment:
she is a cutie
Post a Comment