Wednesday, March 18, 2015

7 Years Grown

Miss A, our beautiful first born baby, is now 7 years old.
Her birthday was in January and we celebrated here at our home per her request. My kind sister in law, Kate, and her boyfriend, Grant, offered up the services of his family's company called Squeals on Wheels.
Kate and Grant ran the party and brought some very fluffy and cuddly and some not-so-cuddly pets to the party.
Some of the little girls at the party were so in their element. This was their thing. Some future zoo-keepers perhaps? Maybe a future veterinarian? Or a future farmer?
If nothing else, definitely some future pet owners.

Because it is still freezing here in January, we did the petting zoo portion in our garage and that worked perfectly.
I tried to keep the snacks healthy knowing the cake would not be healthy but oh so delicious.
So I bought Miss A's favorite fruit (except for cherries as it was most definitely not cherry season yet): strawberries and grapes and blackberries. For the savory snack-tortilla chips and some really good organic mild salsa that Wegman's makes. (This is my fave salsa and I read the ingredients recently and noticed that sugar is added. Boo. Why, Wegman's, why?) 
Moving on...Here are the pix-


















Happy Birthday to our first born! You have become so helpful and responsible this year. From helping your sister to helping me with your baby brother, you have become my sidekick and I find it challenging that I send my most helpful child off to school each day!
You are intelligent and are often quick to catch on something new you learn.
You can be very resourceful and also can let us know your opinion loudly when you are tired and hungry. You love your friends.  You love your siblings too even when you don't always get along. You forgive quickly and easily. Thank you for forgiving me when I don't get this parenting thing right.
Thanks for being my big girl! I love you to the moon and back.
-Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post! What a great party for Miss A! Love all the photos and Mama's comments at the end!
Xoxox Aunt S