Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Wonderfully Answered Prayers

I have had so many wonderfully answered prayers lately.
I want to remember them.

-Recently my husband had some health problems that made him think his MS was returning.
He went in for an MRI sure it would show new activity.
But I prayed and others prayed.
His MRI came back clear.

-I prayed that Rosie would be potty trained by the time this little baby gets here.
Two weekends in a row, Rosie said she wanted to potty and sat down and did it. All on her own volition.
Last week, after a weekend of her showing interest and actually using the little potty, I went with potty training and she has been in undies now for a week.
She's got the peeing thing down. She asks to go potty or is willing to go when I say it's time.
She's still working on doing the other in the potty.
I'm still putting her in a diaper at night and during naps but a couple of times she has awakened dry!

-As you know-the wonderfully answered prayers for our baby boy.

-My BFF, Tiff, is pregnant with her 5th. Due 3/21. Her baby had the umbilical cord wrapped around the neck twice during an ultrasound. The next week, it was totally unwrapped.

A few weeks ago, the ultrasound and measurements of her belly showed her measuring ahead and having too much amniotic fluid. For the past two weeks, the excess amniotic fluid has reduced.

-I had been praying for my brother to get a new job. He got one. He and his family will be moving an hour away from their hometown in a few months. He has already started working there and it is such a blessing to their family.

-I am currently praying hard for my friend, Lindsley and her baby boy, Avett...
Her baby had to be born by emergency c-section last Thursday at 36 weeks when it was discovered her amniotic fluid was excessively high and there was fluid around her baby's lungs.
That hospital was not equipped to care for her baby boy, Avett, so they flew him to DC Children's Hospital.
He is on an ECMO machine there with two nurses assigned to him. The machine basically works for his heart and lungs and takes blood out while reoxygenating it. (If I understand this correctly.)
Lindsley has three other children at home and her parents are here from Nashville caring for her children while Lindsley and her husband take turns at the NICU.
They have a very long drive from their home to the hospital. She has had to recover from the c-section.
If you are on facebook, they have a page set up on there with updates about their baby.
I am praying for complete healing of Avett's heart and lungs and for strength for Lindsley and her husband and wisdom for the doctors and nurses.
The wonderfully answered prayers have been that he has had some procedures done recently that went successfully. 


I also have a prayer box on our desk and I frequently write prayers in there. It's great to go back and read all of the ones that I have seen recent, wonderful answers to after writing them down.

See this list encourages my heart and my mind. It's sooo good to look back at what blessings have occurred recently.

No comments: