Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Those Hard Days

These have been some tough days recently. Not tough in the sense that I have had more testing done.
Tough in the sense of illness in our house.
FJ got a stomach virus last Wednesday that was gone by Thursday.
It traveled to me on Friday night...and I dealt with it all night long.
Saturday showed some improvement for me.
Sunday was even better.
Then yesterday...it returned. I didn't know stomach viruses would do that if you weren't overdoing it.
But alas, they can.
This morning was especially rough. 
I know military wives deal with this kind of day all the time and Lord bless 'em.
Bathroom visits, feeding children, being 27 weeks pregnant, children in need of something and doing it all by yourself is rough and discouraging and overwhelming.
There were plenty of tears shed this morning.
I'm thankful to a friend who is bringing extra Gatorade, bread, jello later and for two friends who listened to me cry this morning on the phone.
Thankful for prayers from my group of praying women at CBS and church.
Thankful for 10 minutes of sleep during nap time before FJ said he had pooped and needed to be wiped.
Thankful that Miss A is brought every day from school by a friend.
And today I am thankful that there's nice weather and a deck that my kids can play on while I cannot possibly go outside with them.
Thankful for a neighbor/friend who just took my two "big kids" to the neighborhood park with her three boys.
Oh and television...surely thankful for that today.

No comments: