Sunday, October 02, 2011

Not in a Hurry

I am sure people have the best intentions when they ask a 40 week pregnant woman if she is "done".
I know they have good intentions when they say that they hope not to see you again soon.
They probably think it's funny when they comment that you are still pregnant or that you should even hurry up and have that baby...because every pregnant woman knows she has complete control over when she goes into labor. (sarcasm)

I am sure some pregnant women reply with what the other person expects: "I know...I can't believe I am either..." followed by groans and complaints. Or "I wish I could hurry this up."

However, after a while, some women become so used to the discomforts and feel like they have always been pregnant that they actually don't get in such a hurry. They also may have dates that don't really work best for a birth such as their child's birthday (FJ's which is today) , their own birthday (mine on the 5th) and other events.

I am one of those women. Now that my due date (according to the midwives...more on that later) has passed, I am now not so stressed. Yes, I really wanted this baby to be born in September...preferably early September because I wanted his/her birthday to not be so close to FJ's and mine.

I also really wanted to do a homebirth but we were afraid that this baby would arrive to early and I would be transferred to the hospital and then we would have a midwife bill and a hospital bill.

Now, that some of those fears have not come to fruition and some are happening...I'm over all the fear and now I can relax. I can now see this will be an October birth and it will indeed be close to my birthday and FJ's and there's nothing I can do about it...and that's okay. That's how God wants me to live my life...without fear.

Without that fear present, I am now in no hurry for this baby to be born. I know I won't be pregnant forever even though at this point, it feels like I could keep going.
I have an induction date and would prefer my body goes into labor on its own.
But honestly, there has been so much stress with illness and other family factors that I've been wanting it to just be chill before baby #3 arrives.

As I've stated before, I enjoy being pregnant even with all the discomforts it brings. I now have nerve pain in both of my legs that strikes at night and forces me to bend forward just to walk. Thankfully, it happens late at night and it's right before bed so I can still walk around during the day.

I know to enjoy these kicks and movements. I know how badly I miss them and my big belly...because well...unlike some of my friends...my belly doesn't just spring right back to a nice tight state afterwards so I know to truly enjoy my belly right now.

Now, don't get me wrong...when I picture holding my new baby and cuddling him/her and nursing him/her...I smile and get very excited.

As for my due date...according to the midwives and any doctor you ask and any LMP wheel you spin, my due date was 9/30 according to my LMP. However, I chart my cycles and when I was charting my last cycle in January using Fertility Friend...it gave me a due date according to my ovulation and that due date is October 4th. However, the midwives kept my due date 9/30 because there was only a 3 day difference when they did my first ultrasound (meaning the baby was measuring 3 days "behind" what they would consider the right size for that date). So, really, I am not yet "overdue" or post-dates. I am actually due tomorrow. :-)

In summation...if you were wondering...no, I'm not in a hurry...I'm glad to still be able to go to church and playdates and shopping...I'm not "so done"...and I will miss this. It's good for me to remember that and for others to remember that too.

No comments: