Yesterday, I was 40 weeks pregnant!
I never thought I would say I was 40 weeks pregnant. WOW!
I had a little bit of a rough morning...complete with crying (me) in the parking lot of Wegman's...story later...probably not the best idea to do a little grocery shopping on your due date.
So...my pics show me with some tired-looking eyes but that's okay b/c this is real stuff people-
The kiddos had to get in the pic too... :-)
So what did I have planned for my due date? Glad you asked.
Being that I was so sure I wasn't going to be in labor or still pregnant on September 30th, I asked my husband to buy tickets to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live with Miss A way back in August. Living Social had a deal on the tickets and Miss A likes the show and I knew E enjoyed parts of it too.
His response to my request was-Are you sure? What if you are in labor? What if we have a newborn?
My response-I won't be in labor. If we have a newborn, we will have your mom or a babysitter come over to be with me while you are gone for a few hours. But I haven't made it to 40 weeks yet, so I am sure the baby will be here by then and it will be good for Miss A to get out of the house and do something with just her daddy.
Bahahahaha! Oh how I laugh at my words then.
As the day quickly approached, I began hoping that the baby would arrive before or after 9/30 because I really wanted them to go to the concert.
Thankfully, those hopes came true and they were able to go. Here they are getting ready to head out-
Here's the shirt and handmade birthday card-
We also did a little...and by little, I mean this was the only thing we put up...but we did do a little Autumn decorating one morning with the $1 gel clings from Target. Because when your belly is the size of a watermelon, can you really get to the Fall decoration boxes in the closet?
During our sick week this past week, we made a couple of drive thru visits to Starbucks and got a cookie to share-
Now for the Wegman's story-I parked my cart next to a woman's car when I loaded my groceries and kids into the car when I was leaving. I gently let the cart touch her SUV so it wouldn't roll away. The carts have rubber bumpers on them too so it made no mark on her car whatsoever.
While I am putting Miss A in the car, she doesn't see me but I hear her say, "Someone slammed their cart into my car!!!" (She looked to be in her 60's).
Then I hear another mom in the lot come to my defense (Lord, bless her!) and say "No, I think she's just putting her groceries away...she's here."
I come around and take my cart so she could put her groceries in her trunk and apologize to the lady and explain that I just parked it and that I didn't slam it and I was just putting my kids in the car. She never looks up at me but only nods and just says "okay". It really bothered me that she wouldn't look at me or apologize or back pedal or say anything else. (Do you think my pregnancy hormones were taking over at this point?)
But I just took my cart to the cart barn and saw her put her groceries in the car. Still she didn't look up. So, I walk back to my minivan and turn to see her putting her cart in the cart barn.
At this point, pregnancy hormones take over and I say to her, "Please give me a break...I was just trying to put my kids in the car...I didn't slam your car...my due date is today..." Or something along those lines.
She responds in a neutral way,"People are always slamming my car and scratching it up with carts." So, I repeat what I said above and then the tears start!!What the heck?? The hormones now go into overdrive!!
I start crying. She walks up to me quickly and starts telling me not to cry and hugs me! She asks, "Are we due soon?" I respond..."yes, today!" She says, "Oh it's so hard in those last weeks." I say, "Yes it is and this is the most pregnant I've ever been."
The tears keep coming because I'm one of those people who cry more if you comfort me (even though I want to be comforted).
So, she starts saying, "Oh, don't cry" and wiping my tears!!
This continues for a minute or two and then she walks to her car which is awkwardly right next to mine. We get in our cars at the same time and I back out first but I see her license plate and it is her name-NANSYE.
She is right behind me as we leave the parking lot and even at the first light. Awkward.
She either went home feeling badly for how she made a 40 week pregnant woman cry in the parking lot or she went home thinking what a hormonal mess I was...either way...probably wasn't a good idea to go and do a little grocery shopping on my due date.


2 comments:
You are in Scarlett territory now! I have the gestational period of an elephant! I went swimming at the country club the day I was due with Cille. Come to think of it, I cooked dinner and invited friends over to eat it on the day I had Stella...NINE days AFTER she was due! Good luck!
HA!! LOVE this story :) Enjoy every minute you have left! Can't wait to hear about your new little one!
Love,
Kristi
p.s. thanks so much for the diapers. they got to me (amazingly), and I am getting good use out of them!!
Post a Comment