Monday, August 02, 2010

10 Months Old!

Our FJ is 10 months old today! I did our usual "photo shoot" in the basement with our little monthly sign and I had only 3 shots of him looking at the camera...the rest are mostly of him crawling away or just not looking! His sister was in the room also acting as a good distraction. He has some bed head going on in these photos along with some drool and a slightly runny nose.
This is the rest of the photo shoot for your viewing pleasure...please feel free to laugh!


FJ had his first hair cut over a week ago...pictures to follow!
For the family reading this, here are his stats:
weight-18.4 pounds
height-28 inches
head-45.5 centimeters

Cough-We have WONDERFUL news regarding his cough. I took him to a follow up appointment with the pulmonologist last Friday. While we were there it felt like a kind of useless appointment because I was hearing the same things I heard a few months ago and it looked like we just needed to come back in October. BUT...MIRACULOUSLY, FJ coughed while we were there!!!! When the doctor heard him cough, he said, "That's definitely a tracheomalacia cough...defnitely...good job, Buddy!"  I asked him later again about that and he said "There's no doubt in my mind that his cough is tracheomalacia."
The doctor does not think FJ needs any testing!!! I am SO thankful! I just thanked the Lord for the timing and the doctor finally getting to hear him cough and no need for testing. This is a HUGE blessing! (Up until now, it was assumed that it was tracheomalacia but the docs hadn't heard him cough and they thought he might need testing to confirm it.)

So the doc thinks that when cold/flu season hits, we will probably hear a lot more coughing and that's when he wants to see us back again. So, we set up an appointment for the end of October and have agreed to put him back on the Prevacid to see if that helps with his sleeping. The doc believes he still has reflux even though he isn't spitting up as much anymore.

Teeth-He has 2 teeth now! They are both on the bottom. He got his first on June 14th and the second one came 10 days later...still lots of drooling though.

What he's been up to...
He has discovered the sound of the letter "N" and likes to say "nananana"
All of a sudden he now thinks it's funny when I aspirate his nose...he actually laughs instead of cries.
He shakes and bounces up and down when we go into his room to get him in the morning.
He is still not sleeping through the night and when he's uncomfortable from teething or a runny nose he will wake up lots more!
He's still such a happy baby though and he can sleep just about anywhere. I have enjoyed carrying him around in the Ergo carrier and letting him sleep while running errands.
He can entertain himself and can play happily by himself for a sustained amount of time. He loves playing with his sister too.
He has taken to slapping at the plate or spoon that is feeding him and it makes QUITE the mess when it's black beans...
Happy 10 Months, baby boy!! We love you, FJ!!!

No comments: