Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Homemade

I love homemade things! Ever since I started to sew, I appreciate all the hard work that goes into making something by hand.
I have a few photos to post of one homemade item I bought recently, two that were made as gifts for Miss A and one I have made.
I bought a couple of diapers online made by some WAHMS and I took some photos of F.J. in one of his new diapers that is just so cute.
While we were in Louisiana, Ashley's mother-in-law made Miss A two items of clothing: a dress and a bikini! The dress was made before we arrived but when I saw the bikinis she had made for someone else, I oohed and aahed over them and she offered to make one for Miss A with her initials on the front. So here's the dress:



Here's the new swimsuit (I did not tell her to pose that way!):
She's playing in the sprinkler in our backyard and she loved wearing her new suit-
I want to start making felt food for Miss A to play with in her free kitchen that I got from a friend. (The kitchen may not stick around though as E thinks it's too big to keep in our house.) So, I tried my hand at making a green bean...I actually tried hand sewing for the first time! Here is Miss A holding the new green bean:

Now, I just need to make a lot more food to go with that one lonely green bean!

2 comments:

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Tell E to chill out and keep the kitchen! Our entire living room is currently monopolized by a giant inflatable bouncer that Stella's grandparents thought she needed. Last year it was a huge princess tent that she thankfully wore out! Where's the fun in life if you don't have so many toys that you can't make it to bed without a life-threatening trip and fall accident?

thecoghlans said...

Homemade is so great! I love Miss A's swim suit - adorable. F.J.'s diaper is sooo cute - love the guitars on it. Keep up the good sewing!