Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sleeping through the night...

is priceless...
Baby F has been sleeping through the night and it started last week!!! He started off with a bang and slept for 7 hours straight! Each night since then he has slept for at least 5 hours straight. It's usually somewhere between 5 and 7 hours but last night he slept for 8 hours before he needed to nurse!!!
Each night I give him a dream-feed around 10 or 11 (sometimes he's awake at that time) and that sustains him for the night. I will say that he does stir sometime between 1 and 4 by making some grunting noises and I just go in and give him his pacifier and he is back to sleep.  This is so amazing and wonderful because our little lady-Miss A-did this maybe a night here or there but she didn't sleep through the night consistently till this summer when we had to let her cry it out. It's also been since last week that he's been sleeping in his crib the whole night. Miss A was in our bed most of the night for a really long time. But Baby F seems to sleep best by himself in his crib. It's amazing how differently siblings can sleep. I also know that once F starts getting teeth, this can all change so I am going to enjoy and bask in it now while I have the chance!
Speaking of sleeping and waking...Baby F is waking from his nap now...gotta go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every blissful momement of sleep. That is awesome. Ember slept 5-6 hour stretches right at birth, then went to 2-3 at 6 months and the past week has been nursing every hour. I am losing my mind. LOL. I hope the teething, growth or what ever is going on passes soon.