Friday, May 29, 2009

Just a quick update...

Miss A is now saying "book" and "bubbles". She also knows where her nose, eyes, and belly are and will point to them when you ask her.

I had some mild cramping and lower back pain yesterday which really had me worried. I was instructed to lay down and rest and apply some heat. But as you can imagine, A would not let me lay down. I couldn't get a hold of Evan at work so I was really stressed and just a ball of tears. So, I called my friend Carrie to send out a prayer request to our church's moms group. She did and then she volunteered to come over with Isaac and play with Audrey so I could rest. I rested on the couch and watched them play. It was just what I needed and by 3:00 the cramping was gone.
Later, my friend, Laurie, volunteered to bring us dinner from California Tortilla because she said she just knew that I didn't want to cook after the day that I had. I also got a few emails and phone calls from friends so I really felt the love yesterday. I have such wonderful friends who have become like family to me...I can truly say that I can call on them at any time and they will drop whatever is going on and come to help me if I need it. Not having any family close by can be very tough at times but having these dear friends who have helped me so much reminds me how blessed I am.

2 comments:

the fortenberrys said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and that you have such wonderful friends to call upon. I understand what it means to have friends become your family. What a blessing!!!

Mt Princess said...

I'm so glad that you are so loved by so many!! But who would be surprised by that ? :)