Monday, April 20, 2009

New Jersey Passover and Easter

We had a wonderfully fun time in NJ for Passover and Easter. The only downside was that Audrey got so hemmed up that we had to page the pediatrician on call on Saturday twice to get some ideas on how to get her unbound. We had been giving her goat's milk, fruit, veggies, fruit juices, warm lemon water, karo syrup and water (which she didn't like) and nothing was working. After many tears (by me and Audrey) and Little Tummy's laxative drops, everything was fine and Audrey was once again a happy toddler. Since that time, the doctor has suggested taking Audrey off cow's milk and putting her on Lactaid milk. She said that sometimes people with lactose intolerance can have the opposite symptoms and have constipation instead of the other. So sorry if you are a random person who found my blog and you just read about a toddler's digestive issues!

Celebrating Passover and Easter was lots of fun in New Jersey. As a believer celebrating Passover has special meaning to Evan and me as this is something that Jesus celebrated. Although I know it has changed over the years, it is still amazing to celebrate this observance and to think of what Jesus must have done during this time. This was Audrey's second Passover and the first year she got to try matzoh. It was exciting getting to see her try it and I look forward to seeing our future children observe this special time with food and reading of the Haggadah.

On Easter, we visited a local church that I found on google, Breakpoint Community Church. They had 2 services so we went to the earlier one because that worked for Audrey's nap schedule. She spent part of the service with us but when she didn't want to be still anymore (imagine that!), we took her back to the nursery. One of the worship leaders actually ended up holding her because she cried when we dropped her off back there. I had no idea she cried till after the service when they told us and when we picked her up, she was content. What great worship leaders they have there! :-)

While we were in NJ, we got to visit two farms while we were there so Audrey got to see lots of animals! I am posting a slideshow below to view all the pics:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've read before and I don't mind about the digestive issues anyway.When I worked in Pedi, one of the docs was gastro, so I am used to much more graphic than this.
I am glad Audrey is fine now.
~Mary