Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Do I look Russian?
So, today I was grocery shopping and I got in line to check out. There was this couple in front of me...probably late 50's. The man kept looking at me...I wasn't sure why. Anyway, when I got closer he said something to me in some totally different language...not English or Spanish or Italian or French...nothing that I might recognize. So, after he said something I just said "yeah" because I thought maybe he just had a really thick accent and then he said something else and I realized I had no idea what he was saying. So, I gave him this sheepish look and said "I'm sorry. I don't understand." I was thinking "Is this guy playing a joke?" I totally thought he was going to say "Just kiddin'" but no! He then said in a thick accent in English "I thought you were Russian." Haha!!! I said "No, Sorry!" He then said "what kind of wine are you getting?" So I showed him...it was this new kind I had never tried so I told him "It's new" and then he asked where I got it so I kind of pointed and said "in that area". I didn't want to try to give too many details in case he didn't know a lot of English. Anyway, I guess he must have looked at me for so long because he thought I was Russian! So...do I have Russian-looking features? I don't know but he must have thought so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
this sounds like something I would encounter. Too funny! I guess it's the light skin and light eyes, blonde hair combo???
Wish I could have a glass of wine!
I've always thought you look very Russian! Just kidding...how funny! We have a crazy lady that walks around our neighborhood and speaks random languages to me...maybe she thinks I'm from wherever she's from!
Ok, so I realized that my above comment described a person from Germany, not Russia. Sorry, my Mommy Mind was taking over! Ha, I was thinking about this yesterday and I was laughing at myself because i have seriously lost it!
No problem, Paige! I totally know what you mean about Mommy Brain!
Post a Comment