Miss A was at school during this afternoon appointment so she was not with us this day. E does a great job of keeping our blessings entertained while I am having the echo done because these things last quite a while and the doctor stares at the screen the whole time.
We saw a different doc this time who really specializes in fetal heart echoes. She also took tons of photos of our baby's heart.
The echo room...why do I snap a pic of this moment?
Because one day we will show it to our son when we tell him the story of God fully healing his heart.
Oh yeah, there's lollipops...lots of them there...Rosie got a mystery color one...turns out it was electric blue. Of course.
The doctor we saw, Dr. T, said the good news was the fluid level (pericardial effusion) was the same as it had been at 16 weeks. I was confused because we thought the other doctor said it was gone at the last echo. Alas, it had stayed but had not increased which was encouraging.
The right and left ventricle walls still look thickened which can mean the heart is working extra hard.
She searched and looked for obstructions and flow problems (in the aorta and ductal arch) but could find none! Again, great news!
Before even the doctor could say "I wouldn't be worried", I already felt calm and felt no need to worry. I have to give credit to God for that. He is the one who has calmed my fears.
I was told to return in 4 weeks at 25 weeks for another echo on 2/25...the day after E's birthday.
We are still believing and having faith and praying daily and even moment by moment that our baby's heart will be fully healed and all of these concerns will be non-issues.








No comments:
Post a Comment